Welcome to the Vanderbilt African Student Union Official Website! The quick and easy way to keep up with ASU’s upcoming events and programming.
Did You Know?
- Africa is the second largest and the second most populous continent in the world.
- Africa includes Madagascar, which is the fourth largest island in the world
- Mount Kilimanjaro, located on the border between Tanzania and Kenya, is actually a volcano
- Africa is so large that a full population census has never been made. Estimates says that it may be home to as many as 748 million people
- There are over 1000 different language in Africa
- Africa is the home of the Human species, which developed there about 5 million years ago
- Africa has 8% of the world’s oil reserves
- Africa produces 50% of the gold and diamonds in the world
STAY TUNED FOR MORE FROM ASU!