Life in Nashville is much easier when you have reliable transportation. This article is concerned with getting and maintaining a car; for information on public transportation, drivers licenses, and vehicle registration, see the Local Government section.
It can be difficult to find a mechanic you can trust to give good service and not overcharge.
- Firestone Auto Care
- Review: On the plus side, they are open on Sunday, which is nice because it can be hard to get away during the week. Also, they're right by Rivergate Mall, so you have something to do while your car is being worked on. The downside is that they seem to be more expensive than any other garage I've been to in the area. They also aren't very friendly, like they're doing me a favor by looking at my car, and they always try to get me to do more to my car than I originally came in for.
- Firestone Auto Care
- West End
- Review: They seem to be much more friendly than the Rivergate location. They also didn't try to sell me services I didn't really need. The location is hard to get in and out of though, and they were slow in getting my car fixed.
- Goodyear/Gemini Auto Care
- Review: This is an excellent mechanic. Their prices are reasonable (or at least competitive for the market), the staff have always been respectful, and I never have trouble getting my car in. The only problem is that they are a limited service facility, not a full-service garage, so they don't do any major engine or other repairs.
- Community Garage of Madison
- Review: Good prices, friendly service, and they got me an appointment quickly. Unfortunately, they don't take walk-ins (or drive-ins, as it were). A good choice for a full-service garage.
While almost every car repair location does oil changes, there are some businesses that specialize in nothing but minor in-and-out services like oil changes and tire rotation.
- Jiffy Lube
- Review: I have had a number of bad experiences with this location. They are slow, their prices are higher than any other place I've been to, and one one occasion they knocked the throttle cable loose so my car wouldn't start the next time I tried to start my car. This location of Jiffy Lube is not recommended at all.
- Texaco Xpress Lube
- Review: They are fast, competitively priced, and do a full service check when you go in. No complaints.
- Review: They took the stress out of buying a car! The staff was friendly and accessible without pressuring me to buy anything. I got a great deal on a barely used car. The only problem is that they only have used cars. There is also a midtown-Nashville location.
|Hair Salons||TV Stations||Radio Stations||Mechanics and Car Services|