Student Health and Wellness Committee
The Student Health and Wellness Committee will lead VSG’s efforts in further developing and publicizing the resources and services that exist on campus advancing student health and wellness. This committee will serve as VSG’s representation on University wide efforts, including but not limited to Faculty Senate (Strategic Alcohol and Prescription Drug Abuse) and NCHIP (National Collegiate Health Improvement Project). Additionally, this committee will work directly with the PCC, Student Health and Wellness Center, and foster a working relationship with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Objectives for 2012-2013:
- Assist in programming and educational efforts in addressing alcohol and drug abuse on campus through working with:
- The Office of Housing and Residential Education
- The Psychological Counseling Center
- The Student Health and Wellness Center
- Develop a working relationship with members of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center and work to address any undergraduate/VUMC concerns and serve on any associated committees
- Assist in programming and educational efforts in promoting safety and security on campus, including the Green Dots campaign via the Women’s Center and the R.A.D. classes with VUPD
- Lead the partnership between VSG members and VUPD and in planning the Lighting Tour
- Serve as VSG’s representatives in University collaborative projects such as Faculty Senate Task Force Committees and NCHIP participation as deemed relevant to this committee’s scope of activities
The 2013-2014 Chair of the Student Health and Wellness Committee is Alex Rigl.