VUPD Campus Services
Vanderbilt University Police Department offers numerous services outside of scope of duties. In addition to the law enforcement duties of the department, we offer the following services and programs to our community.
Click below to learn about the various services and opportunities that VUPD offers to our campus community.
- VUPD Services: Rape Aggression Defense System
- VUPD Services: Vandy Vans
- VUPD Services: Preventing Piggybacking
- VUPD Services: Operation ID
- VUPD Services: Walking Escort Program
- VUPD Services: Emergency Phones
- VUPD Services: Motorist Assistance
- VUPD Services: AlertVU
- VUPD Services: Educational Services
- VUPD Services: Fingerprinting
- VUPD Services: Victim Services
- VUPD Services: Weapons Safekeeping
- VUPD Services: Automobile Accident Help
- VUPD Services: Personal Safety Tips
- VUPD Services: Tips for Securing Items
How to Report/ Calling the Police
If you decide that you want to hold an individual accountable for committing a crime against you, it is imperative that you contact a Police Department to file a police report. In addition, it is also essential that you preserve any evidence which could assist in the prosecution of the defendant. The more evidence provided to the police, the more likely the district attorney’s office will be able to hold the defendant accountable for his or her behavior. Once you make contact with the police department, an officer will contact the Vanderbilt University Victim Services Coordinator, who will act as a liaison between you, the victim, and any legal, medical, or counseling services you wish to utilize during the course of your recovery from being victimized.
If you are unsure about reporting an incident to the police, it may be beneficial for you to discuss your concerns with the Victim Services Coordinator. You also have the option of calling a crisis hotline, which provides you with complete anonymity. A crisis hotline counselor can provide you with information and support, which may help you to decide to file a police report. A crisis hotline counselor is also able to provide you with further victim services resources.
Vanderbilt University Police Department
111 28th Ave S
Nashville, TN 37212
- Emergency – 911 or (615) 421-1911
- Non-Emergency – (615) 322-2745
- General information and Business Line – (615) 343-9750
- Emergency Preparedness – (615) 343-9517
- Victim Services – (615) 343-0883
- Lost and Found – (615) 343-5371
- Records – (615) 343-5371